Sometimes OMF has to be patched to work correctly with specific extensions and themes. This is a guide to applying compatibility patches in OMF.
In OMF Basic you can enable/disable compatibility patches directly from the OMF Admin panel. Here's how to do this:
- Go to OpenCart Admin>Extensions>Modules
- Find the OpenCart Mobile Framework Admin panel. Choose “Install” if it isn't already installed and click “Edit”.
- On the Compatibility tab tick the patches that correspond to the extensions you're using and click “Save”.
This example covers enabling compatibility mode with the Shoppica theme.
Please note: The process is absolutely identical when it comes to other themes or extensions.
The steps are as follows:
- Locate the /vqmod/xml directory.
- Open zzz_omf_system.xml with any text editor.
- In the file locate the line that marks the beginning of the Shoppica section i.e.
<!-- Shoppica v.1.x -->
- Read the instructions below that line in the file and delete the corresponding "REMOVE ME" lines.
- Don't forget to save the file before closing.